Tuesday 30 December 2008

Heaven and Eartha

See? Always the same. One little cold snap and it's all over.

Eartha Kitt, I see, has pegged it, the chanteuse who graced us with such unforgettable songs as:

I'm just an old fashioned girl with an old fashioned mind
Not sophisticated, I'm the sweet and simple kind.
I want an old fashioned house, with an old fashioned fence
And an old fashioned millionaire.
And an old fashioned fur coat made from old fashioned skins
From some old fashioned small mammals.

Since she has little objection to wearing the skins of others, now she's dead, may I put in my request now for a bit of hers? I'd like at least a pair of gloves, or ideally a little Eartha Kitt helmet, made out of her face.

Maybe a sturdy pair of boots, made from the unsympathetic old cow's hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment