Monday 24 August 2009

Seventeenth Night

Another super time. Chiefly, I think, thanks to valiant flyering by my poor exhausted parents.

Afterwards, went and did my little guest spot on the Pink Bus. I was followed by Simon Munnery, who has always been a bit of a hero of mine (remember Alan Parker, Urban Warrior?).

So we snuck upstairs and watched. He's fantastic. He does a routine about Richard Dawkins which is a consummate blend of surreality and very smart jokery. I shan't spoil it. Go and see it. He's doing his own show ("Five stars in the Scotsman. But, to be honest, that's only on a very good day. Realistically, you'd do better to expect somewhere between three and four.")

But if you're on a budget, he's taken on a PBH Free Fringe show. Every night this week he's doing an impromptu little show called "Fungers at Fingers". He has a stellar line up of guests, including John Hegley on Wednesday. So there. 9pm, Fingers Piano Bar, 61 Frederick St, EH1 1LM.

He seems like a very nice man, too. I bet he's an ace dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment